DJ Q, Face The Music


Avec son ouverture en forme de manifeste (le poème de William Hall) et sa petite loop de saxophone qui tourne, We Are One annonce la couleur de l'album Face the Music, ce sera jazzy, groove et funky ; forcément répétitif et hypnotique.


Avec ses machines, ses rythmes et cette basse d'il y a maintenant presque 20 ans l'album de Dj Q s'approche du old'time de la techno. C'est un genre de dinosaure qui se dandine dans le salon, langoureux et prégnant.

It is the blinking of a human eye, 
The merest fragment of a day long past, 
A memory that lasts as long as life, 
If taken it can fulfil all our dreams, 
If left to pass it can forever haunt, 
Leaving you to ask, well what if I...., 

What if I'd done the things I wished to do, 
What if I'd said those things I wished to say, 
Had I grabbed my chance, 
Would life have gone some other better way? 

Well ask yourself, how would you ever know? 

So say all those things that need to be said, 
And do all the things that need to be done, 
Live life for the moment, For in a moment, life will have moved on. 

William Hall



Dj Q, Face The Music, Dorado Records Music, WEA, 1997